At Comfort Air Service we recommend that you have your air conditioner serviced right before the warm weather starts.
Why is air conditioning service important?
A properly working air conditioner will save you money AND make you more comfortable. The best way to guarantee the efficiency of your unit is to have our professionals maintain your HVAC system on a routine basis.
Our State licensed, EPA-Certified, factory-trained technicians will make sure your system is running in tip-top shape and will find and correct any potential issues you may have.
Top 4 Benefits of AC Maintenance Services
The benefit of annual HVAC maintenance is having an air conditioner that is less likely to suffer a major operational failure over the summer. Here are our top benefits of having a central air conditioner maintenance
- Consistent Comfort
When your air conditioning unit runs efficiently, it does not have to work as hard to meet the set temperature. You and your family will feel comfortable all summer long.
- Fewer Repairs
When problems are caught early on, they usually result in a less expensive repair. Most simple repairs can often be taken care of during our air conditioner maintenance service. This will save you an emergency call down the road.
- Increased Efficiency
Seasonal air conditioning maintenance can help your system maintain peak performance, running at original factory specifications and using less energy.
- Longer Unit Life
Properly maintained units simply last longer, so you’ll get the most from your investment before it’s time to start shopping for ac replacement.
How We Approach AC Tune-Ups
At Comfort Air Service we will give your air conditioning unit a full comprehensive inspection, looking for any signs of trouble or inefficiencies. Our technicians will test the voltage, inspect belts, vents, ducts, and refrigerant levels. We will examine drainage lines and lubricate any parts that may need it.
Our team will test your thermostat and inspect the blower motor – always looking to ensure proper efficiency.
Our Comprehensive Air Conditioner Maintenance Checklist
- Change the Filter. A dirty or clogged filter makes your air conditioner work much harder than a clean filter does. By regularly changing your filter, you minimize the burden on your system and lower your utility bill.
- Inspect Ductwork. Our technicians will perform a visual inspection of your ductwork to be sure it is sealed correctly. If your ductwork that is not sealed properly cool air may escape before being distributed through your home. This causes the system to work harder to reach the set temperature and may overwork the system.
- Clean the Condenser Coil. Our Techs will make sure your coils and fins are kept clean. Over time debris can accumulate around your unit and cause your unit to overwork itself. We will lightly brush the fins and give the coils a light wash.
- Check Refrigerant Pressures and Charges. Low levels indicate a leak that needs to be found and repaired immediately. Low refrigerant levels can burn out your compressor, resulting in the most costly repair.
- Check Electric Connections. We will check and test all electrical components and controls to make sure everything is properly working.
- Ensure the Condensate Drain is Clear. Over time, algae and mold can build up and potentially plug the drain. A clogged drain can cause damage by flooding, or if the system has a drain float, this will shut the system down to avoid flooding.
- Adjust Your Thermostat. We will help pre-program your programmable thermostat to match your schedule to ensure a lower utility bill each month. Optimizing your system’s usage will maximize its life in the long term.
- Blower Motor Inspection. Performing an amp-draw test on the blower motor. A motor that is drawing too many amps may be about ready to fail completely.
- Lubricate Motors and Bearings. Grease is the lifeblood of motors and bearings that prevents the harsh metal to metal contact between the different parts. This will ensure longer motor and compressor life span.
- Exterior AC Unit. Our Technicians will remove foliage and debris that could reduce ideal airflow that will make your air condition system work harder and cost you money.
5 Signs You Need AC Maintenance
Having regular air conditioner maintenance can help you prolong the life of your HVAC system. Here are some signs that it is time to make a call to Comfort Air Service.
- Your HVAC system is not cooling adequately.
- The HVAC system is not running at all.
- Your AC system is running for long periods of time
- Your air conditioner system turns on and off frequently
- The outdoor coil or the copper refrigerant tubing on your unit is showing signs of icing up or freezing.